dxvilish's Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by dxvilish, Jun 15, 2019 at 6:09 AM.

1. dxvilish

dxvilish New Member

Minecraft Username:

SarahsWife

Previous Username(s):

dxvilish

Discord Username/Numbers:

itzaap#9612

Timezone and Country:

EDT (Eastern Daylight Time), U.S.

Referral from a current staff member (Must include screenshots):

[​IMG]

Are you able to record and upload to Youtube:

Yes, and I have recorded videos for Crustaceancraft, but I am currently not in it anymore.

Past Punishments:

None

Why are you applying?:

I am applying for the "Helper" position because I love LGBT Empire, and it would be amazing to be a part of the team that is dedicated to making the server a better place. I believe I have what it takes to be a good staff member.

Any past experiences?:

I am an opped Moderator on another server, and I have been in that position for almost two years. My strength in staffing is mostly moderation, but I also have a decent amount of experience with technical aspects of staffing like plugin configuration.

Scenario Questions

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?

I would tell them "No" because it isn't right for me to abuse the power and permissions granted to me, even if it's on my friends. If they don't know where to find the items, I could assist them in obtaining them without the use of my permissions.

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?

If the argument is playful/harmless, then I will just leave them be. However, if it escalates past that, then I will try and diffuse the situation in chat. If they wish to keep on arguing, I will remind them that they could easily argue through DMs on Discord. Then, I will politely ask for the subject to be dropped, and I will steer the conversation away from the argument topic.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?

First, I would clarify with a higher staff member whether said staff member is actually abusing their permissions. Next, I would gather evidence of the staff member's abuse. Then, with the evidence, I would confront the staff member about it. With newer staff, I will keep in mind that it is easy for one to not know the line between what is ok and what is not. If the staff member is well aware that they are doing something wrong, and they continue to abuse, I will report it to the Management team.

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?

I will first try and see if I can answer the question without asking other staff. Even if, with the help of Google, I still cannot find the answer to it, I will contact another staff member and ask if they know the answer to it.

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?

If the person causes a ruckus on the Discord server because I am "abusive", then I will redirect the conversation into DMs. I will mostly emphasize how they can create a punishment appeal if they feel necessary, but I will let them briefly state their case. I am human, and I am not perfect all of the time, so there is the chance that I gave an unfair punishment by accident.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?

I will calm everybody down as much as possible, and either I will try and fix the problem, or contact Management. I will be as patient as I can during the time I am waiting, and if players on the server complain about the issue, I will remind them that help is on the way.

#1 dxvilish, Jun 15, 2019 at 6:09 AM
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 1:02 PM