♡ Kitty's Staff Application ♡

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by kitty, Jun 9, 2019.

1. kitty

kitty New Member

Minecraft IGN: punikitty
    Previous IGN(s): pawpurin
    Discord UN: #kitty0690
    Timezone and Country: (GMT+10) Australia
    Are you able to record and upload to Youtube: Yes!
    Staff reccomendation: [​IMG]
    Past Punishments: N/A
    Why are you applying?: I have greatly enjoyed my time in LGBT Empire so far and would love to do more to support the server other than through fiscal means! The server and its staff are not afraid of development and improvement, which is something I respect and admire. Mostly I'd just love to give back to the community and help to make the server a safe and happy place for everyone! (Helping to decorate and pretty the server up is an added bonus :3)
    Any past experiences?: I have experience in moderating Minecraft servers as well as non-MC communities on discord and the like! These servers have ranged from 40-1000 members of all different types! My most notable current example is moderating for Kittycraft, another LGBT friendly MC server. I have mostly had experience in the userbase aspects of moderation, as I'm a quite friendly person and am good at resolving conflict! I also enjoy assisting with organisation and am happy to learn anything server-side. I'm currently being trained in operating deploys and console-based server controls!

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?
    Unfortunately, being a friend of a moderator does not permit you to special priviledges! I'd be happy to help them find the items in-game in a fair way, but I won't spawn in anything willy nilly. Of course, if it's a case of spawning in a replacement for a lost item, I'd ask the mods what the protocol there is before doing anything!

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?
    I'd try to pinpoint the root cause of the disagreement and ask the parties to consider eachother's feelings. It's not healthy to get heated in arguments where nobody will relent. The server is meant to be a safe and peaceful place; most conflict should be had elsewhere. I'd try to diffuse the situations by explaining why everyone involved is valid in their thoughts and how one argument shouldn't change their opinions of each other. If it's a political argument I'd remind them of the server rules, which would probably nip the argument in the bud.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?
    Depending on what the abuse is, I might 'confront' them in a kind way by subtly suggesting that what they're doing is wrong. If it seems like a big issue I would go to the other staff members and just ask them what they would like to be done. Of course, once I'm confident in what protocol is, I'd be happy to handle it myself!

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?
    First I'd do my best to figure it out. If it's something that could be googled I'd try to search for information on it and relay what I find to the best of my abilities. If not, I'd apologise for not knowing the answer but assure them that I'll contact another staff member to let them know. It really depends on the nature of the question and whether it impedes on their time in the server!

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?
    I would only ever address the claims one-on-one so as to not broadcast drama in the server. I'd apologise that they feel that way, but assure them that I only acted according to server rules and that I as well as the rest of the staff have no ill will towards them. I would ask them what they felt was wrong with the punishment to hear their opinion and hopefully be able to explain why it was done in a way that satisfies them.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?

If it was on the MC server itself, I'd most likely utilised colored text to make a clear broadcast to the members to please refrain from spamming the chat. If I'm not sure what the issue is I'd politely ask for an explanation from a member or two to get an idea of what has happened. I'd make sure that nobody was upset or feeling threatened by anything going on before proceeding with anything else! I feel it would be important to assure members that the situation is under control.

#1 kitty, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1