-ohwirm's application-

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ohwirm, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ohwirm

ohwirm New Member

Minecraft Username: ohwirm

Previous Username(s): A few but none on this server

Discord Username/Numbers: bigfoot#8519

Timezone and Country: Pacific Standard Time

Are you able to record and upload to Youtube: Possibly but I haven't before.

Past Punishments: None

Why are you applying?: The LGBT Empire has been a welcoming community from the moment I joined. Immediately, I could see how friendly everyone is. I can see this server growing rapidly and I want to be able to help out and protect the server and keep it as a safe place for everyone to come and make new friends and not have to worry about being discriminated against for their gender or sexuality.

Any past experiences?: Not on any Minecraft server but I am a moderator on a Discord server.

Scenario Questions

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?
    I would nicely explain that spawning in items is against the rules and decline the request. As my friend, I would hope that they'd understand that I couldn't jeopardize the position I'd received.

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?
    If it is a disagreement that does not directly relate to the server in some way, I would ask that they move it to a more private way of communicating, like Discord. If it is about the server, I would try to sort out the situation as a mediator, but if I cannot, I would collect screenshots and notify a higher staff member.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?
    I would be sure to collect screenshots and videos if necessary as proof. Then I would contact a trusted higher staff member, or the owner, and provide the evidence.

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?
    I would apologize and explain that I don't know the answer, but I'll try to find it out for them. Then I'll either look in the resources I have, like online or in the staff rules, or ask a higher staff member if they are aware of the answer. I don't want to leave anyone in the dark if they have a question, so I would try my hardest to find an answer.

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?
    I would explain myself in a professional manner to them about why I did what I did. I would clearly list out what rules they broke and why I took the actions I did. If they still truly believed I had abused my abilities by punishing them, I would direct them to a higher staff member to make a complaint/appeal, while making sure I had screenshots of what had happened to prove I wasn't abusing my abilities.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?
    Try to calm everyone down, as difficult as that may be. If there is a higher staff member on who seems to know what they're doing, I would follow their lead and ask them if there is anything I can do to assist. If there isnt, I would reassure everyone that we are in the process of getting things back under control. If I wasn't even sure of what was occuring, I might ask a trusted server member who knew about what had happened. The most important part would be getting everyone to feel calm and safe so it is easier to assess the situation.

Thank you for reading my application, I hope you will consider me for a position on the LGBT Empire team :)
    - Andrew/ohwirm