Accepted Staff App: AnthrophobiaPNG

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by anthrophobia, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthrophobia

Helper

Minecraft Username: AnthrophobiaPNG
    Previous Username(s): AnxietyWerewolf
    Discord Username/Numbers: Lupin#8466
    Timezone and Country: England (GMT)
    Are you able to record and upload to Youtube: Yes!
    Past Punishments: N/A
    Why are you applying?: I adore this server, while I haven't been here for all that long, I've already found friends and I'm online every day - It would be an amazing experience to help out with those within the server or newer people, the way people helped me when I first joined! I love helping people and educating people when needed, I am a very friendly person and focus on spreading positivity whenever I can, however, I'm mature enough to deal with issues when needed and I'm a stickler for rules - although I understand accidents do happen.
    Obviously I'm not perfect, I do struggle with a few mental health issues like anxiety, but I'm confident that this wouldn't interfere with a job as a staff member.
    Also, I've been playing Minecraft since I was about 8 or 9 - so I'd say I'm pretty knowledgable about the game, as well as the way servers function and such.
    I honestly just do think I'd be good as a mod, and It would be awesome to say I'd had a hand in helping out the server in any way.
    Any past experiences?: I worked as a mod in a friend's server a few years ago up until the server closed, and I'm also currently a curator of an original-species group on another website, I know that's not Minecraft but I thought I'd add it since it's an example of a similar job I guess?

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?

I would apologize and say that it would be unfair, and encourage them to look through the mall or another shopping part in search of the wanted items, and assist them in looking for them - or encourage them to source the item in other ways, (like searching for trees to get wood, etc).

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?

See what the disagreement is about, and let them know to change the subject, the server should be a peaceful place for others, and if they have any concerns to speak with me or another staff member rather than arguing amongst one another.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?

I would take a screenshot or recording If needed, and send the info to Noah or another higher staff member, letting them know of my concerns. I would avoid confrontation with the staff member abusing their permissions, as it would likely lead to unnecessary drama/issues.

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?

Consult another staff member or someone higher up about the question to try and find an answer, and apologize for any inconvenience if needed.

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?

Apologize that they feel that way, but explain that there's fair treatment throughout the server and rule-breaking does end in punishment, and if they have any genuine concerns about my actions to contact a higher staff member. I'd likely let other staff members know of the situation, giving screenshot or video evidence of why they were punished in the first place to give context.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?

Ask everyone to remain calm and refrain from spamming, to allow the staff to do their jobs. Depending on what I'm able to do, mute the chat or something similar just to slow or stop the spam, and see what has happened. If it's something I'm able to deal with, I will, if not I'd contact other staff and let them know of what's going on. If it's something that's happened just within chat, like someone trolling, I'd ask everyone on the server to avoid spamming and simply ignore said person before kicking/banning them etc. (Depends on the scenario I suppose!)

#1 anthrophobia, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. YouthInRevolt

Owner

Hey there @anthrophobia !

After going through your application with the rest of the Management team we have decided to accept your application and you will be starting off as a Helper of the server starting from today!

// Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.