Accepted Staff Application: Igloosaurus

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Igloosaurus, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Igloosaurus

Helper

Minecraft Username: Igloosaurus
    Previous Username(s): N/A
    Discord Username/Numbers: Igloosaurus#3556
    Timezone and Country: GMT+1 Sweden / GMT+2 Finland
    Are you able to record and upload to Youtube: If need be
    Past Punishments: N/A
    Why are you applying?: While I also enjoy just playing on the server, I feel I get the most out of playing Minecraft through being able to help people. I remember when I was new and clueless and how some of my best and most important online experiences came from other players who were willing to help and make me feel welcome, and I want to pay it forward by being there for others, especially on a server as inclusive as this one where many may be looking for a community to belong to. I'm practical and logical but friendly, and I'm good at handling stressful or sensitive situations. Plus I'm often on the server in the mornings and during daytime, when there aren't as many others online.
    Any past experiences?: Several years on a Minecraft server as an Operator (moderator) dealing with logs, griefing, and server issues, as well as an operator on the server forums.

Scenario Questions

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?

This isn't fair to other players. I'd be happy to share items I already have or help them get these items another way, but spawning them in amounts to cheating.

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?
    If it's a private issue, suggest that it may be better handled in private (and make sure they actually take the suggestion). If it's a server issue, intervene and try to solve whatever the problem is on my own or with the help of other staff if necessary.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?
    Bring it up with the staff member in question first, and ask if they're aware that their actions may be considered as abusing their permissions. If they continue, bring it up with one or more other staff members for help approaching the issue delicately and without unnecessary drama.

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?
    Try to find out the answer on my own first. If this fails and depending on the nature of the question, ask other staff members or suggest they create a thread about it to open the question for further discussion.

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?
    Calmly and diplomatically make sure they understand my reasons for giving the punishment and point them in the right direction to make an appeal on the forums. In the case of continued unprovoked rudeness, I would consider further punishments.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?
    Ask everyone in chat to stay calm, and remind them that staff is on the case. If the panic is being created or perpetuated by certain players, consider muting them temporarily to control the chaos. Do my best to answer questions as they come and clear up confusion as well as keep the problem from seeming bigger than it is.

2. YouthInRevolt

Owner

Hey there @Igloosaurus !

After going through your application with the rest of the Management team we have decided to accept your application and you will be starting off as a Helper of the server starting from today!

// Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.