Staff Application: Rainbow

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by rainbow_metal, Jun 10, 2019.

1. rainbow_metal

rainbow_metal New Member

Application Form

Minecraft Username: rainbowo_metal

Previous Username(s):rainbow_metal

Discord Username/Numbers:rainbow_metal#1700

Timezone and Country:EST, United States (New York Area)

Referral from a current staff member (Must include screenshots): I , Jason, formally refer Rainbow_Metal for the "Helper" position on LGBTEmpire. I give my reference because I have noticed consistently that they have a positive impact on the community and I believe they have a lot of potential to be a good member of staff if given the chance, I believe they will put server rules first and foremost when playing.

Razzy

LGBTEmpire

[​IMG]

Are you able to record and upload to Youtube: Yes, but haven’t before

Past Punishments: None

Why are you applying?: I’m invested in the well-being of the server, and being staff would help me to this end!

Any past experiences?: None

Scenario Questions

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?

No, because it would be unfair to other players to have items spawned for one person only but the courtesy not extended to everyone else.

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?

Depends on the situation. If it’s something about griefing or stealing items, I would punish and ask a higher staff member to rollback. If it’s something with regards to real life or holding larger arguments in chat and is mainly non-server related, I would ask that they move into Discord and finish there as a courtesy to other players. In other situations, I would hope to keep the same level head and logical thought process to find a reasonable and fair solution.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?

Take screenshots if possible, carefully note the transgression, and then notify senior staff.

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?

Either refer to staff rules (of which I assume answers often lie), or ask another staff member in discord or chat.

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?

I remind them of server rules and that in order to create a safe space in this server transgressions are to be fairly punished as done before.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?

In the situation of which I’m the only staff member on, I would contact other staff members with a brief descriptor of what’s happening and then explain the situation in chat to placate other players. If it is necessary to apply discipline and punishments, I would record usernames and then apply as described by rules. If spamming is not from players and from bots, I would direct other players off the server to make kicking easier for staff. If spam continues, muting for an hour or so might be a reasonable punishment.

• Like Like x 1