Accepted Staff Application: thirsty_plant

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by thirsty_plant, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thirsty_plant

thirsty_plant New Member

Minecraft Username: thirsty_plant
    Discord Username/Numbers: thirstyplantman#6421
    Timezone and Country: PST and USA
    Are you able to record and upload to Youtube: Yes.
    Past Punishments: None.
    Why are you applying?: I want to be able to contribute more to the server and be able to help people more as well.
    Any past experiences?: I've moderated a friend's Twitch channel, but I've never been staff on a Minecraft server.

Scenario Questions

1. Your friend is asking you to spawn in some items for them. What do you say?

I would say no because that would be unfair to other people on the server and it's morally wrong. However, I would offer to get the items legitimately for them.

2. You see a few of our players having a disagreement. How do you approach this situation?
    I'd advise them to bring it into their private messages and not in the main chat. Ideally, I'd also like to help them come to an agreement, but it depends on the matter of the disagreement.

3. You notice another staff member abusing their permissions in some way. What do you do next?

Record them or get some sort of evidence on them and suggest to them that they should stop since it's considered abusing of permissions. Then report the situation and evidence to Noah or someone with authority.

4. Somebody is asking you a question in chat but you don’t know the answer. What is your next step?

I'd look the answer up online and see if that helps, but if that doesn't I would ask another staff member or ask the chat if the person's question isn't of a sensitive nature.

5. You have punished someone on the server, they're now calling you abusive. How do you react?
    I'd react rationally and calmly, it wouldn't help to get upset. I'd tell them that if they wanted to appeal the punishment I gave them, then they could appeal it on the server's forums.

6. Something has happened on the server and everyone is spamming and freaking out. What do you do?
    I would try to calm everyone down and stop spamming because that doesn't help figure out the problem. I would then figure out what happened if I don't already know. If it's a problem I can solve by muting or banning someone, I'd do that. However, if it's a more serious situation without an obvious solution I'd let the rest of the staff know immediately, and get more help on the situation.

2. YouthInRevolt

Owner

Hey there @thirsty_plant !

After going through your application with the rest of the Management team we have decided to accept your application and you will be starting off as a Helper of the server starting from today!

// Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.