Accepted Too harsh punishment

Discussion in 'Punishment Appeals' started by VVinterborne, Jun 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VVinterborne

VVinterborne New Member

Your Username: VVinterborne

Punishment you have been given: One week ban for stealing

Did you break this rule?: Yes

Your defense: ...But the circumstances around this 'theft' was not malicious. This terracotta shop in the mall had a sign that said "open" and an unprotected chest that said "heres your stuff". I assumed that meant that you could "buy" from the shop in some way, I.E. bartering. The terracotta i took is still at home and i could have returned it and even paid money for the troubles I caused. I was not pmed about this situation, nor was I warned, and while I will take a punishment for my ignorance because I do understand I broke a rule regardless and I must have some sort of punishment (and ignorance is no excuse), one week is SO HARSH for a first offense, I've been in this server for two months and have never had any issue or caused one.

I just want a lighter punishment because I feel a one week ban for a first offence that was really just me not understanding that a shop was, in fact, not open-- is far too severe. Thank you for understanding

Any extra comments or supporting evidence: I am more than willing to return the goods I took and do everything I can to make this right, whatever that may be, as long as I get to get back in the server soon to do so.

2. ashidaii

Moderator Events Team

Hi VVinter,

I have lifted your ban entirely. The default punishment for stealing is a 1 week ban as it is considered a minor grief. Your reasoning behind taking the terracotta is understandable and I know you probably didn't mean anything malicious by it, so your punishment has been reduced accordingly. In future, if you don't understand how something you think is a shop works, refrain from using it or ask the person who owns it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.